Are you debating over which colors to choose for your vehicle wrap and truck?
No matter what line of business you are in, color selection is an important decision. This is because colors play an important role in determining what type of customers you will attract.
Psychologists have long since known that color weighs heavily on our perception. In fact, according to a study conducted by the Academy of Marketing Science, color largely affects purchasing intent. This is because colors have a tremendous impact on how a business is perceived.
Therefore, the colors you choose for your vehicle wrap logo should be a reflection of your business’ personality. Customers who relate to your personality will be more inclined to interact with your business.
So, how do you know which colors are best?
Read on to discover how to choose the right colors for your vehicle wrap logo.
1. Know What the Different Colors Mean
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to color selection.
However, knowing what different colors mean can help you narrow down your options. Let’s take a look at what each popular color means:
- Black: Black is the number one color for luxury. Just think of black tie events and the little black dress. If you want to appear classic, sophisticated, and in-control, black is the color for you.
- White: White works for those wanting to appear young, fresh, and economical. It is a neutral color, so also works well as a secondary accent.
- Gray: Gray is the perfect middle ground between black and white. It projects maturity, dignity, and tradition.
- Green: Green has strong cultural associations. People associate the color green with finance or with the environment.
- Red: Red exudes passion, anger, and excitement. If you want to appear youthful and modern, go red.
- Blue: Blue is the most popular color in the world. It will make you appear trustworthy and serious.
- Yellow: Yellow exudes friendliness, cheer, and accessibility. It also gives off an affordable, youthful energy.
- Brown: Brown is the color for those wanting to appear rugged, serious, and masculine.
- Purple: For those looking to appear cutting-edge and wise with a touch of femininity, purple is the way to go.
- Orange: Orange is invigorating, playful and energetic. Great for those looking to pack a punch.
2. Keep Your Goals in Mind
Remember, you shouldn’t pick colors based on personal preferences.
Before you make a final decision about your colors, ask yourself these four questions:
1. Do these colors fit my brand/business personality?
2. Do these colors appeal to my target audience?
3. Are these colors different than my competitor’s?
4. Do these colors make sense for my product or service?
3. Follow the 60-30-10 Rule
If you select more than one color, make sure you pick ones that work well together.
The 60-30-10 rule is used in interior design but can really be applied in any business setting.
60 percent of the color for your vehicle graphics should be your primary color. 30 percent of the graphics should be composed of your secondary color. And 10 percent of the graphics should be composed of your accent color to add a final touch.
Vehicle Wrap Colors: Bottom Line
Hopefully, this article makes it easier for you to decide on the right colors.
Please drop a comment below if you have any questions about color selection!