If you spend a lot of time on the road — driving to and from jobs, sitting in traffic, parked in front of clients’ homes — why not turn your car, truck or van into a mobile billboard to advertise your business and reach new potential clients? Studies show that vehicle advertising can reach up to 25,000 views per day! But how durable is vinyl wrap on a car and are they worth the investment? This article will help answer these questions and more.
How Durable is Vinyl Wrap on a Car?
Vinyl car wraps are considered much more durable than car paint, which can chip, scratch and wear off quickly. On average, car wraps can last anywhere between 2 and 10 years. The exact lifespan depends on the location of the wrap, the colors used, how much the vehicle is used, the weather, the storage of the vehicle, and other factors. Professional car wraps designed and installed by experts will certainly look better and last longer than DIY car wraps.
Benefits of Auto Wraps
Below are a few key benefits of vehicle wraps:
- They are non-permanent and completely removable. They help keep the original car paint intact, which results in a higher vehicle resale value. This also means any warranties or lease agreements should remain valid.
- They act as an extra layer of protection for your vehicle, protecting the original paint against scratches and dings.
- They are completely customizable. You can get a car wrap with a matte, metallic, or even a textured finish for a fraction of the price of what it would cost to achieve similar effects with car paint. Furthermore, they are available for almost any type of vehicle – trucks, cars, vans, etc.
- They can help increase your brand awareness and make your business appear more professional.
- Most importantly, vehicle wraps are an effective, memorable and cost-effective form of advertising. A 2019 study found that 64% of U.S. residents surveyed noticed a wrapped vehicle advertising in the last month, and 44% noticed one in the last week.
For tips on effective vehicle wrap design, check out our article: Understanding the Fundamentals of Car Wrap Design. Of course, for maximum benefit, we recommend working with a professional car wrap service to come up with the best possible design and ensure proper application.
Information on Car Wrap Cost
Car wraps can cost anywhere from a couple hundred dollars for a simple decal to a couple thousand dollars for a full, 360-degree wrap. The cost also depends on the complexity of the design, how many curves the vehicle has, and the quality of materials you choose. Generally speaking, a rough estimate for a full car wrap is between USD $2,500 and $5,000. Though the cost may seem expensive up front, car wraps can generate more views and a higher return on investment than many other forms of advertising.
Ready to Go?
Our Vehicle Graphics Department at Pacific Truck Colors specializes in customized vehicle graphics for cars, vans and trucks, from simple logos to full-coverage vehicle wraps. We use high-performance media and proven installation techniques to professionally brand your vehicle with graphics that outlast our competitors. To get started or learn more about our vehicle wrap services, request a free car wrap quote today.