Competition is widespread in the plumbing industry; in fact, no individual plumbing company accounts for more than 1% of the entire industry’s revenue. With this level of competition, it’s important to do everything in your power to make your business stand out from the rest. A properly upfitted plumbing truck or van can make a world of difference for your plumbing business, improving your productivity, keeping your employees safe, and benefiting your bottom line.
Plumbing Truck Options
Before buying a plumbing truck, there are a few key questions to consider:
- Do you need an enclosed workstation?
- How much equipment or material will you be storing and hauling?
- Should you buy a new or used vehicle?
- What type of vehicle is best? (More on this in the section below!)
- Can the vehicle be easily upfitted?
Plumbing Truck vs Plumbing Van
Cargo vans tend to be the favored option for most plumbers, as they provide a mobile, enclosed workspace with plenty of space for secure tool and equipment storage. However, upfitted box trucks can provide the same benefits, plus even more space and hauling capability. With a plumbing van or box truck, you can conveniently and efficiently get work done on-site, no matter the weather, with everything you need at arm’s length. If you don’t need an enclosed workspace, trucks with customized contractor or service bodies are a great option, with ample storage space for all your tools and equipment.
Customizable Plumbing Box and More
There are plenty of options for van or truck customization to ensure your vehicle is ready to meet all the demands of plumbing work. Upfitting your vehicle can not only increase your efficiency and productivity through better organization, but also improve your safety while you work. Loose tools or tool boxes cluttering your truck or van present significant safety hazards – hazards which can easily be avoided with secure storage compartments.
Below are some popular options for plumbing truck or van customization:
- Storage compartments: Think cabinets, drawer units, accessory racks and secure storage boxes. Further organize tools by adding custom dividers to your drawers.
- Ladder racks: Take advantage of unused space and store ladders or other long equipment on your roof.
- Hooks: Great for neatly holding coiled tubing and extension cords.
- Flexibility: Fold-down benches/workstations or rolling carts for a more versatile, transformative space
- Security: Slam locks or cameras to protect your valuable tools and equipment
- Vehicle graphics: why not advertise while you’re on the road and on the job? Estimates show that wrap advertising costs as little as four cents per thousand impressions!
- And many more!
Revolutionize your Plumbing Truck
Are you ready to take your plumbing business to the next level? A properly configured, well-organized vehicle can increase workflow efficiencies, reduce inventory damages and improve your professionalism. At Pacific Truck Colors, we offer both truck customization and van customization, and can help you discover the perfect solutions to meet the specific needs of your business. Request a free quote today, and we’ll walk you through your endless options and opportunities!