Finding the Right Commercial Truck Caps
The average length of vehicle ownership increased by 60% in the last ten years, meaning more and more people are choosing to keep their trucks for longer and and add accessories and truck customization rather than invest in a brand new vehicle. Commercial truck caps are one popular way to transform your truck or fleet of trucks, and in turn, make your business more versatile and efficient. Truck caps or covers are popular for their affordability and simplicity compared to full-service truck bodies, and can provide many similar benefits.
Introduction to Commercial Truck Caps
Truck caps add a protective covering to your truck, transforming your open truck bed into an enclosed body. There are several key differences between truck caps to consider:
- When selecting a truck cap, you will usually choose from steel, aluminum or fiberglass. Aluminum is generally lighter-weight and more expensive than steel, while steel is more heavy duty. Fiberglass caps are generally heavier than aluminum but fit more closely against the truck cab.
- You can also choose from various types and placements of doors (a lift-up rear door, vertical “barn style” rear doors, lift-up side doors on one or both sides) depending on how many access points you’ll need.
- There are also various heights of truck caps to choose from, depending on whether you will use the enclosed body for tool and equipment storage or as a covered workstation.
- Some tuck caps are more easily removable than others, so consider if you want the topper on permanently or just for some jobs.
Benefits of Commercial Truck Caps
Commercial truck caps or covers are a more affordable alternative to a full service body truck, and provide some similar benefits, including:
- Safeguarding your tools and equipment and preventing theft.
- Protecting your tools from the elements.
- Providing you with an enclosed workstation.
- Improving the organization and efficiency of your work with additional storage compartments and racks that allow you to easily transport and access the tools you need.
- Some studies show that truck caps or toppers can improve the aerodynamics of the truck and thereby improve fuel efficiency.
Other Custom Truck Bed Options
Along with your truck cap or cover, you can further customize your truck in the following ways:
- Add more storage with custom drawer units, toolboxes or exterior side compartments.
- Include roof racks to easily transport and access ladders and other larger equipment.
- Customize the placement and type of doors and windows to allow for easy access to your tools and improve the efficiency of your work.
- Finish off with LED lighting to illuminate your worksite through all hours of the day and night.
Commercial Truck Caps for your Business
To further explore your commercial truck cap and accessory options, contact our experienced team at Pacific Truck Colors and request a free quote to get started! We can help you transform your trucks, and improve the quality of your work as a result. Whether you’re looking to customize one truck or an entire fleet, we’re ready to help jump start your business!