Our 3 Favorite Service Truck Accessories
There are thousands, if not millions, of add-ons and accessories available for service truck customization. Different accessories can help your business in different ways – from increasing the versatility of your business, to maximizing your productivity, to protecting your valuable tools and equipment, to keeping your employees safe and comfortable while on the job. The article below will help introduce you to the many options available.
Key Considerations for Service Trucks
Some key things to consider when selecting accessories or designing a custom service truck:
- Security: Are you able to store your valuable tools and equipment to keep them protected from the elements and prevent theft?
- Convenience: Is your workstation set up for maximum convenience? Are all the tools and equipment you need organized and within reach?
- Safety: Are you or your employees as safe as possible while on the job? How can you reduce workplace hazards?
- Quality: Are the accessories and materials you select for your service truck of the highest quality and durability?
Best Work Truck Accessories
Below are three of the most popular and useful accessories for service trucks:
- Storage Boxes: Tool boxes and storage sets are essential for any service truck in order to safely and securely store, protect and organize all the tools and equipment you need. They can help protect your tools from the elements, prevent theft, improve your work efficiency and keep your workstation clear and free of hazards. There are a wide range of tool storage solutions available, and they are completely customizable to your business’ needs.
- Lift Gates: A lift gate is a fold away metal platform that mounts to the back of a truck and acts as a platform to lift freight or heavy equipment from the ground level up to the height of the bed of the trailer. If you also require dumping capabilities, some lift gates come with both a dump-through tailgate and a liftgate in one package.
- Engine-Powered Service Truck Accessories: Engine-powered accessories such as auxiliary power units can help reduce the need to run the engine of a truck. This not only reduces emissions, but saves fuel too. There are also units that have their own generator, hydraulics, and air compressors. They have a great power supply and even come with built-in inverters that can offer very smooth power without big jumps in force and irregularity.
Other popular accessories for service trucks include:
- Electric, telescopic, and articulating service truck cranes
- LED lighting – interior and exterior
- Ladder racks
- Snow plow
- Pry bar/hammer holders
- Chain racks
- Heater systems
- Laptop stands
- Air compressors and welders
- Hose and reel systems
- Fuel tanks and filling stations
- Lubrication systems and skids
- Sliding work trays
- Spare tire racks
- Tarps with rewind systems (great for dump trucks)
- Rear backup cameras
- Moisture packs
- Home comforts (think mini fridge or microwave)
- Graphics or vehicle wraps (providing you with the potential to advertise your business and reach up to 95% of Americans, according to the OAAA)
- And many, many more!
As you can see, there are nearly endless accessory options available for service trucks. In order to prioritize and get the most out of your service truck setup, consult with a service truck customization expert — a professional can help tailor all the accessories and equipment to meet the specific needs of your business.
Take Your Truck to the Next Level
Do you need help selecting the best possible accessories for your specific industry and business needs? Our Custom Truck Equipment Sales and Installation Department, one of the largest in the Pacific Northwest, is here to help! We carry only the highest quality truck equipment at competitive prices and will apply our combined experience of over 75 years to ensure that your service truck setup is top notch. Request a free service truck customization quote today to get started!