Americans spend a lot of time in their cars. In fact, in 2019, Americans spent a grand total of 70 billion hours behind the wheel!
With this in mind, it should come as no surprise that vehicle advertising is a popular way for businesses to promote themselves and reach new customers.
If you’re considering vehicle decals for your car, truck, van, or entire fleet, you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you decide on the best type of vehicle advertising for your business, whether that be a simple car decal or a full-blown vehicle wrap, and share tips for effective vehicle graphic design.
How Vehicle Decals Can Help Your Business
Vehicle decals are a smart investment that can benefit your business in many important ways:
- Decals can help increase brand recognition and make your business appear more professional.
- Vehicle decals are a more affordable form of vehicle advertising compared to full vinyl wraps and have a great ROI.
- Vehicle advertising, in general, is considered to be one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising, costing as little as four cents per thousand impressions! This could be even lower when you go with decals, as they are less expensive than full wraps.
- Decals are long-lasting and can be easily removed down the line without damaging your vehicle.
- Decals are easier (and less expensive) to update than other forms of vehicle advertising, so you can keep your vehicle branding fresh and exciting!
Key Considerations for Business Decals
Vehicle decals can be really simple or more complex. If your main goal is simply to brand your company vehicles, you could go with something straightforward, such as a few of the same decals with your company name and logo on them. However, if you are trying to reach potential customers, you might want to design a bunch of different decals to be placed in different areas of your vehicle – perhaps one with your logo, one with your tagline, and one with your contact information, as an example.
You should also carefully consider what type of decal you install on your vehicle and the materials used. Vinyl is considered one of the best materials for decals and vehicle graphics as it is durable, easy to remove, and won’t damage your paint job, like other types of stickers.
Another important consideration is whether a full vehicle wrap might be a better option than several vehicle decals. We’ll weigh the pros and cons of both of these vehicle advertising options in the section below, so read on!
Car Decals vs. Full Vehicle Wraps
Decals are typically less expensive than full vehicle wraps, and are quicker and easier to install, remove, and update. For these reasons, decals work well for advertising specific events or limited-time promotions, or if you’re simply trying to brand your vehicle with a few logos. If you plan to update your vehicle advertising frequently, decals might be a better choice than full vehicle wraps.
If you’re still undecided, check out our full guide to truck decals, graphics, wraps, and paint to help weigh your options.
Design Tips for Car, Van, and Truck Decals
If you do decide to go with some vehicle decals rather than a full vehicle wrap, you should be careful and intentional about the decal design to get the most bang for your buck.
Below are a few tips to help you get started with your vehicle decal design:
- Make sure the design is consistent with your business’s overall branding. Include your logo and stick with your key brand colors to help increase brand awareness.
- Think about the base color of the vehicle and incorporate it into the design and branding. Avoid clashing colors if at all possible.
- Use a bold font that is easy to read and avoid too much text. Passersby might only get a quick glimpse of your decal, so prioritize the most important information, such as your company name and primary form of contact.
- Be strategic about the placement of your decals and add some to each side of your vehicle for maximum visual impact. Don’t forget about the back of your vehicle, as it will be visible to everyone behind you while you’re on the road and stuck in traffic.
Your best bet is to work with a company like PTC that specializes in vehicle advertising and can ensure high-quality design and results.
Vehicle Decals & Vinyl Wraps from Pacific Truck Colors!
Pacific Truck Colors in Portland, Oregon specializes in professional vehicle graphics, including full wraps, partial wraps, decals, and more. We can handle every step of the process, from custom design to installation, in order, to ensure effective, high-quality graphics that are made to last.
Request a quote today to get started with vehicle advertising!