Custom Utility Truck Beds: Know Your Options
Pickup truck sales have skyrocketed in recent years, with over 2.9 million trucks sold in America in 2018. With all these trucks on the road, what makes yours stand out from the rest? Investing in high-quality and versatile utility trucks can have a significant impact on the productivity and efficiency of your business. The best way to ensure you have all the tools and equipment you need at your fingertips is to fully customize your utility truck(s) from the ground up. With professionally designed, custom utility truck beds, your business will be a step ahead of the competition!
Custom Utility Truck Beds: Getting Started
There are so many ways to customize your utility truck bed. Below are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Get creative around how you store, organize and protect your tools. With more organized tools and equipment, you can get the job done more efficiently. Options for storage include large cabinets for heavy tool storage, specialized racks to hang your largest tools, and modular drawers to organize your smaller tools.
- Is a crane essential to getting the job done? A knuckle boom crane will help you unload and load heavy material with precision, while a telescopic crane has a higher lifting capacity and greater reach. These are just a few of the many crane options available.
- If you’ll be strapping down material, you’ll need your hooks and handles in the right places. Selecting precise points to install your fastening apparatuses will save time and hassle while you work, streamlining loading and unloading processes.
- Make sure your lift gates have the right lifting capabilities for the job.
- Design a multi-functional stake bed to increase the versatility of your utility truck.
Below are a few additional and important options to consider when designing your custom utility truck bed.
Aluminum Utility Truck Beds
An aluminum truck bed might cost more than steel up-front, but they are proven to be more heavy-duty, less susceptible to corrosion, and more durable in the long-run. For example, an experiment conducted by Ford found that a high-grade aluminum truck bed is approximately 30 percent more dent-resistant when compared to a steel bed. Aluminum is also lighter-weight, which can save you tons on your fuel costs.
Enclosed Utility Truck Beds
An enclosed utility truck bed can protect you from the elements and serve as a mobile work station while you work on-site. If enclosed and properly-outfitted, your utility truck can even serve as your mobile office! This is important if you are working at night and need light to work or if you’re often in harsh weather and need protection. Enclosed compartments or tuck beds are especially important if you have expensive or electrical equipment that you want to keep safe, locked up and protected from theft and the elements.
Start Planning Your Custom Utility Truck Bed
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but with customized utility truck beds, the options and possibilities are endless. Our experienced team can walk you through these options and more to ensure your truck will meet and exceed all of your business’s needs. Contact us today to request a free quote!