Your company’s vans aren’t just an important way to get you and your equipment from point A to point B. They’re also a mobile billboard that lets everyone in Portland know who you are and what you do. When you’re deciding on your fleet graphics, you’ve got some important decisions to make. You want a design that stands out and catches the eye. You want something appealing and on-brand. You want something that makes a statement about your company. When you’ve got some sweet graphics on your van fleet, people start noticing you, remembering you, and maybe even giving you a call. It’s not just cool decoration — it’s a viable and cost-effective way to let the world know that you exist and you are ready to serve.
Why You Need Graphics
“Why do I need custom van graphics, anyway? Our fleet only has two vehicles in it!” People think this way a lot, but new digital wrap technology has made fully customizable graphics more accessible for small Portland companies than ever before.
Again, it’s a way to advertise. Let’s look at some facts here:
- A 30-second prime time TV ad spot costs about $17.78 per thousand impressions
- A 60-second drive time radio ad costs $8.61 per thousand impressions
- A billboard ad costs $2.18 per thousand impressions
- Vehicle wraps cost $0.77 per thousand impressions
Overall, when you crunch the numbers, the total lifetime cost of a custom wrap for your commercial vans comes out to less than a dollar for each set of a thousand people that will see it. You’re a rolling billboard ad, and the more your van graphics stand out, the better.
What Should Your Graphics Include?
If you’re just getting started as a Portland business, or you’ve been around for a while, your company probably already has some consistent visual branding. You’ve got a logo, a color scheme, and maybe even certain fonts you use across your website, social media, and other assets. Cool. You can incorporate those same colors and motifs into your fleet graphics.
But beyond color choice and graphic design, there are a few other things you’ll want on your vans for maximum success.
- Your name and logo. This is a no-brainer. Your logo should be readable and scalable — if it’s too complex and baroque, or the writing’s in a scribbly cursive font, it’s hard for people to figure out who you are.
- Phone number and/or web address. Make sure these are readable. You can even use a custom phone number just for the vehicle wrap so you can learn how well it’s working!
- Products and services. It should be pretty obvious what exactly it is that you do. This can be conveyed through extra text, your name itself (like “Bob’s Flower Delivery”), or your logo design.
- Great design. This part is harder than you might think. Naturally, you want an interesting, eye-catching color scheme and cool graphics. But sometimes, people go a little overboard. You want your fleet graphics to stand out from the crowd, but you don’t necessarily want the visual artwork to crowd out your branding and call to action. You’re a business, not a rolling art exhibit.
If you’re looking for awesome van graphics right here in Portland, we’d love to help you out. At Pacific Truck Colors, we’ve got a serious eye for creative design. We can work with you to create an awesome new look that turns heads, gets noticed, and brings in customers. Just fill out our contact form to get in touch today.